Many of you witnessed it first hand; these last few decades the internet (content) evolved bigly (Source: Donald J. T.). From simple e-mails, text messages and static web pages in the 90s to early 2000s, we moved to a content driven internet where we stream and share movies, music and games like there is no tomorrow.
With these changes, the demands on network infrastructures have shifted. Legacy network infrastructures are no longer able to adapt. With content being stored in large cloud data centers and content providers building Content Driven Networks (CDN) in high tempo, the keywords now are connectivity, bandwidth, uptime and low latency. Industry professionals know this and ask themselves a few simple questions to stay ahead in the game:
- Are we ready for 4K/ultra high definition (UHD) broadcasting? And what about 8K or high dynamic range (HDR) ?
- Is our network infrastructure scalable enough? Can we quickly add new capacity, simply by expanding our network infrastructure?
- Is our infrastructure future proof against even more radical technologies that haven’t yet been developed?
Arista 7500R Universal Spine Platform
Enter Arista, who have been consistently pushing packet switching to further heights. Their DCS-7500R series bring us a spine platform that offers content providers and ISPs a high bandwidth, high density, greener, scalable, programmable and cost effective option for both peering and cloud network infrastructure scale out. With 150 Tbsp. of system throughput, enabling highly scalable cloud network designs with MLAG, ECMP and VXLAN technologies and a broad choice of systems and line cards to guarantee your investment for the future to be.
The 7500R series are defined by following Chassis Options:
- DCS-7516R a 16-slot, 29 RU chassis
- DCS-7512R a 12-slot, 18 RU chassis
- DCS-7508R an 8-slot, 13 RU chassis
- DCS-7504R a 4-slot, 7 RU chassis
Some of the more common 7500R Series Line Cards:
- DCS-7500R-36CQ-LC 36 port 100GbE QSFP100 wire speed line card
- DCS-7500RM-36CQ-LC 36 port 100GbE QSFP100 with MACSEC wire speed line card
- DCS-7500R-36Q-LC 36 ports 40GbE QSFP+ (6 port 100GbE) wire speed line card
- DCS-7500R-48S2CQ-LC 48 port 1/10GbE SFP+ and 2 port 100GbE QSFP wire speed line card
There is of course much more to it than what you see here. For example, the DCS-7280R Universal Leaf Platforms that go hand in hand with the 7500R series. Feel free to contact us for more info!